Microfollicular Hair Transplant
Permanent, Effective Solution For Your Hair Loss
If you decide that none of the non-surgical options are right for you, micro-follicular hair transplants might be the best solution. Hair transplants began in 1955. Over the years, hair transplant technology has improved to such an extent that it produces a perfectly natural result and is practically undetectable. It is a very popular and successful solution to permanent hair loss.
Natural and Undetectable
Hair transplantation involves harvesting the hair and follicles (grafts) from one area of the scalp, called the donor area, and skillfully transplanting them to the area in need of hair to achieve a permanent solution to hair loss.
When evaluating you as a potential candidate for transplantation, the doctor takes into consideration the amount and type of donor’s hair available, as well as your age and general health.
The main goal with hair transplantation for men and women is to achieve hair density while retaining a completely natural appearance. The challenge is to reach the ultimate goal without affecting the appearance of the donor area (generally located in the crown or the top of the head). In other words, a person can add only as much hair to the bald area(s) as can be provided by the donor area.
The Science – And Art – Of Hair Transplantation
This is where the surgeon’s and surgical assistants’ qualifications and experience play a major role. It is their skill that will create the look of thicker hair through the size and strategic placement of each graft, the angle of the hair and how closely the grafts are placed together.
The Follicular Unit—The Key To Natural-Looking Result
For many years, hair was thought to grow in single strands. In 1984, the follicular unit, consisting of one to four hair follicles packed together and bound by collagen fibers, was discovered to be the starting point for the growth of hair. These small units allow the surgeon to safely transplant thousands of grafts in a single session, increasing the chance of a more natural-looking result.
The least invasive hair transplants are made using very tiny needles that enable the surgeon to implant the grafts so finely and densely that there is virtually no hint of surgery. Due to these major advances, just one transplant session is sufficient to implant the same density that previously necessitated at least two or more sessions.
The Capilia Transplant Experience
At Ottawa’s Capilia Hair-Loss Solutions Centre, you will benefit from a proven program of leading-edge services. We take a fully comprehensive approach that takes into consideration both your physical and psychological well-being. Here is what you can expect:
- A specialist with more than 20 years of hair-transplant experience will walk you through the surgical process and explain the anticipated results step by step in a private, confidential consultation.
- Using the photo you provide, we will give you an idea of what you will look like after the transplant. We will also ensure that the recommended solution is right for you by carrying out a number of tests, including measuring the extent of hair loss, evaluating the quality and density of your donor’s hair, and assessing the number of sessions required to achieve the desired result.
- Our friendly staff and calm, spa-like atmosphere will promote your comfort and relaxation during treatments ensuring your experience is a positive one.
- Your hair-transplant procedure will take place in one of our medical suites and will be conducted by a physician and a team of experienced surgical specialists. Both pre- and post-operative tests will be conducted to ensure your health and safety at every stage of the procedure.
- There will be no surprises. At every stage of the process, the emphasis is on the desired result, which is determined with you at the time of your evaluation meeting. Because the final result is what truly counts for you, our unique regrowth demonstration will show you right away what you will look like once the transplanted hair has grown in.
- Each transplant procedure is unique to the individual. Your hair-transplant solution will be fully customized for you, and you alone—no two people receive the same treatment.
- To ensure maximum growth of the transplanted hair, you will be given individualized hair and scalp treatments.
- As part of our after-care services, you will have a follow-up appointment the day after your surgical procedure and at regular intervals over the next six months.